Like any rule it is not perfect, so have a look below
All our lives we’ve been told to eat our vegetables because they’re good for you. Surprise surprise it turns out these vegetables aren’t as good for you as you might think.
1. Corn on the cob. One ear of corn 6 grams of sugar and 19 grams of carbs. That’s 20% of your daily recommended sugar intake in one ear of corn
2. Yams. One cup of yams has about 42g of carbs which is 14% of your recommended carbohydrate intake and of course would knock you out of ketosis with the quickness
3. Parsnips. These guys have 6 grams of sugars and 24 grams of carbohydrates!
4. Potatoes. Most people know that french fries aren’t really a vegetables but it’s not just the frying that makes french fries bad. The potatoes themselves are no friend either. One cup of potatoes has over 33 grams of carbohydrates in it. That means just half a cup of potatoes is enough to knock an adult male like me out of ketosis.
5. Quinoa. Often touted as a healthy grain and popular with new age types this grain is actually one of the worst for you. One cup of Quinoa has a whopping 109 grams of carbohydrates. If you want to get out of ketosis eating something with quinoa is a great way to do it
6. Beans. While not a musical fruit this root vegetable is chalk full of carbs and sugar with 121 grams of carbs and 4 grams of sugar respectively. That’s more carbs than a McDonalds Big Mac! That’s enough to make anyone toot
Hope is not a weight loss plan. If you want to begin losing weight TODAY then check out the Fat Decimator System it’s a full and complete guide to help you melt away fat while you sleep. See how eating the right foods at the right time can help you lose weight fast and without feeling hungry. Learn more about the Fat Decimator System
Here are the ten greatest low-carb vegetables, tasty and nutritious and with very few carbs. They’re sorted by how popular and useful they are in low-carb cooking.
All numbers are net carbs per 100 grams (3½ ounces).
See how a mom lost 41lbs by cutting this vegetable from her diet.