The Awesome Benefits of Theta Brain Wave Meditation
As you know I talk a lot about meditation and manifestation on this website. That’s why today I want to talk about the theta brain wave benefits and how they can help you achieve your dreams whether it be a car, a job, a husband, or great wealth!
As we all know the brain is a very ‘shocking’ organ in that it is electrochemical. Scientists estimate that our brains generate up to 10 watts of electrical power. While its not enough to power an electric car that’s still phenomenal.
Fun Fact: The human brain the most complex organization of matter in known universe!
We measure the electric output of the brain using brain waves. There are four primary brain waves that the human brain operates on. Organized from most active to least active they are Beta, Alpha Beta, Delta, and Theta .
Beta waves are the most active and indicate a highly engaged brain someone solving complex math equations or in a job interview would show a large amount of beta brain wave activity.
Alpha waves are second. These waves appear during relaxation. So for example once you come home from work and plop down on the couch your brain would mostly be outputting alpha waves. These are also the waves that are put out by novice mediators!
Theta waves are the third active and they reflect day dreaming or doing a repetitive task. If you drove home on the freeway but don’t remember what the cars in front of you looked like that’s because you were operating on theta brain waves! These waves tend to show up in advanced meditators like Buddhist monks for example. It usually takes years to get to this level of meditative ability!
Delta waves these are the waves that occur during deep sleep. Just FYI meditation and not a form of sleep! Readings from EEG’s demonstrate that the brain activity of someone sleeping and someone meditating are completely different!
The role of manifestation, meditation, and theta brainwaves
Those who may not know manifestation is the concept that we have control over our realities and therefore we can use the power of thought to manifest whatever we want into our lives.
I and many others believe that reality is a collective illusion between ourselves and those around us. There is so much evidence to support this theory as well!
This TED Talk by neuroscientist Anil Seth explains it very well
The long and short of it is that he bringing up scientific experiments that show that we clearly imagine things that simply aren’t there. A famous example is the phantom limb syndrome that amputees after experience. Those that lose an arm or a leg will often report a very real sensation that the limb is still there even though it really isn’t.
So, in order to manifest we must have mental discipline. Meditation is by far the best way to help discipline one’s own mind. Almost all the problems we experience in our lives such as obesity, poverty, and most crime can be attributed back to lack of mental discipline.
The obese person knows he’s fat and that it’s not healthy. He also knows how to lose weight. It’s pretty simple actually eat less and exercise more. The problem is the mental discipline deficit doesn’t allow him to ward off the internal temptation he experiences for high calorie carbohydrate ridden foods.
What’s worse is he’ll spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on gimmicks an shortcuts to lose weight even though his physical fitness dreams could be achieved through mental discipline.
My intention is not to put obese people or anyone else down. I’m just trying to explain the power of the mind and how we can utilize manifestation to realize our dreams.
Two Different Types of Meditation
As I eluded to earlier there are two different types of meditation. The first is what I call alpha wave meditation. This is the meditation practiced by beginners or anyone that is new to metaphysics.
Alpha wave meditation is when you focus on something for a predetermined period of time and work as hard you can to block out all other thoughts. This meditation is a great way to begin your spiritual journey an instill mental discipline into your life so you achieve your dreams. This meditation requires work though. It takes a lot of mental energy to just focus on one thing.
People who start with alpha meditation, sadly, often quit because they just don’t have the mental energy it takes maintain this sort of meditation for a long period of time.
Theta wave meditation while sharing the word ‘meditation’ is completely different. Theta wave meditation is calm and relaxed. The theta brainwave benefits arise from this form of meditation. You are completely at ease as there is almost no effort at all in this form of meditation. This type of meditation is achieved by those who have been practicing alpha wave meditation for years. Buddhist Monks are a good example of theta wave meditation. A theta wave meditator is completely relaxed. She is able to meditate for hours and hours without even thinking about it.
It used to take years to achieve what many practitioners call a ‘theta state’. Here’s what ScienceDaily has to say about theta wave meditation
During meditation, theta waves were most abundant in the frontal and middle parts of the brain.
“These types of waves likely originate from a relaxed attention that monitors our inner experiences. Here lies a significant difference between meditation and relaxing without any specific technique,” emphasizes Lagopoulos.
“Previous studies have shown that theta waves indicate deep relaxation and occur more frequently in highly experienced meditation practitioners. The source is probably frontal parts of the brain, which are associated with monitoring of other mental processes.”
“When we measure mental calm, these regions signal to lower parts of the brain, inducing the physical relaxation response that occurs during meditation.”
As stated before those euphoric relaxing form of meditation used to take years to achieve. In the olden days you had to build up your mental discipline using alpha wave meditation to get your brain to calm down enough to achieve a theta state.
I still have great respect for practitioners that achieve theta meditation this way.
How Achieve a Theta State
There are ways you can work hard to achieve a theta state. The most common is visualization. First you will need to get yourself grounded and then go into the visualization exercise.
Estimated time 30 minutes-1 Hour
Grounding Exercise to Prepare for the Theta State
1. Close your eyes and relax. Imagine yourself as a ball of white light in the center of your chest.
2. Travel downward toward the belly, gathering your body consciousness into that ball. The ball becomes bigger and brighter as you gather that consciousness.
3. Travel down through the groin and through the thighs, knees, ankles and feet. You continue to become larger as you do this.
4. Go through the bottoms of the feet until you’re a few feet into the Earth.
5. Go a few hundred feet deeper into the Earth’s crust. Find a very large rock.
6. Attach a cord to yourself. Attach the other end of the cord to this very large rock.
7. Head back up to the bottoms of your feet. Go back up through your feet, ankles, knees, groin and belly. Gather your body consciousness even more.
Now you’re back where you started. Now we will continue with the beginning of the Theta exercise. This part is not optional.
Visualization for Entering a Theta Mind State
1. You are a ball of white light in the middle of your chest. Your eyes are closed.
2. Travel upward toward your neck, gathering your body consciousness into your ball. You, as the ball, are growing bigger and brighter as you do this.
4. Go through the jaw and the head while continuing to gather the body consciousness. Stop at the fontanel (crown) at the top of your head.
5. With a little bit of a pop, exit the fontanel and go three feet above your head. Look around. You are now in a Theta state, but we’re not done yet. We need to reinforce this state of mind.
6. Go up a few hundred feet and look around.
7. Keep going past the sun and the moon and through millions of galaxies.
8. Go past the universe.
9. In the distance is a ball of bluish white light. As you approach it, this ball gets bigger and bigger until it’s right there in front of you.
10. Enter this light. You are in a whole new plane. Keep going through this light until it is all that exists.
11. Let the light wash through you and cleanse all your tension and impurities. Bathe in the light.
As soon as you, as the little ball of light, exited through the crown, you reached a Theta brainwave state. You went up further, past the galaxies, past the universe, into the ball of light to the place where only the light exists.
But there is another way…
As I said this is not as easy as it sounds and can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour of your time every day.
The Quantum Manifestation Code utilizes the hidden teachings of Jesus Christ where he explains how God performed the miracles he did on Earth and shows you how to utilize that knowledge to manifest what you want into reality.
Finance can be more to balance health, love, relationship, success and lives from above. When you start using this Quantum Manifestation Code, you will see that people are working faster to make their dreams come true in a short time. This program works perfectly based on energy and vibration.
It even discusses the conscious mind, which focuses on having power over concentration and shaping your dream into the real world with full positive energy. Using this 7-week program, you can continue to connect with the universe and change it in a unique way that leads to your mindset, focus and perseverance. So you will reveal the power in this program and dream of a successful life, become true with the full blessing of God.
The 15 Minute Manifestation System utilizes the power of theta brain waves to help you achieve a theta state. It’ essentially a short cut! You wear the headphones while you sleep and theta brain waves are injected into you to help you achieve greater mental discipline.
With the 15 minute manifestation you get to skip the alpha wave meditation phase completely. The system if broken down into three tracks and a work book. The program lasts for 15 minutes a day for 21 days.
What Are the Theta Brain Wave Meditation Benefits?
- Stress Relief – as with Alpha and Delta Waves, Theta Waves can relieve stress, both physical and mental. It does this by relaxing the mind, which allows it to focus on addressing the problems of the body. This is perfect for work related stress as it is shown that work related stress can not only cause psychological issues, but health issues as well.
- Increased creativity, learning, memory – usually the domains of Alpha and Beta Waves, creativity and learning are increased when Theta Waves are produced, as it has been shown that artists and intelligent folks have bursts of Theta Waves when pursuing intellectual and creative pursuits, such as creating works of art, music, computer programs, and so on. It also improves memory, which allows the person to retain any new skills or information in the creative and learning process.
- Improved mental and physical energy/healing – Beta and Delta Waves provide these benefits, but Theta combines them all in a lesser but more well-rounded capacity. Since Theta Waves help in the sleeping process, the “healing sleep” can be triggered much better, allowing the body to recover physically and mentally from the day. As well, when used and produced during meditation, Theta Waves can provide a quick rejuvenating boost to the mind, allowing the body to release energy, giving you a second wind to achieve your goals.
Watch a video on theta brain wave meditation